Research Library on Islamic Law and History (approx. 1800 titles)
of the late Professor Rudolph "Ruud" Peters,
Emeritus of Islamic Law, University of Amsterdam
Ruud Peters (1943-2022) was one of the world’s leading scholars in Islamic Law.
His working library reflects the distinct research areas of its compiler in a unique way: From the history of Jihad, to Egyptian history in Ottoman and Khedival times to Islamic Law which was his main field of research over a period of 40 years.
The library consists of three main subject areas and counts a total of c. 1800 titles:
1. Islamic Law: c. 640 titles, 46% Arabic, 33% English, 7% Turkish, 15% other languages
2. Islamic Studies: c. 500 titles, 22% Arabic, 42% English, 25% Dutch, 8% German
3. Islamic History: c. 660 titles, 31% Arabic, 48% English, 9% Dutch, 6% German
1. Islamic Law Collection: 29.800.00 EUR
2. Islamic Studies Collection: 22,200.00 EUR
3. Islamic History Collection: 28,000.00 EUR
The three subject collections can be pur...
Scholarly Library on Islamic Art – Focus on Miniature Painting
Approx. 600 titles.
This very focussed working library is being put up for sale in its entirety. Main subjects covered are: - History of Islamic Arts, Architecture and Material Culture - Influences on Islamic Art - Painting and Calligraphy - Miniature Painting - Handbooks, Dictionaries - Exhibition Catalogues - Geographic areas: Middle East, Iran, India, Central and East Asia The collection of books consists of almost 600 mostly hard cover volumes mainly written in English and German. Many exhibition catalogues and other richly illustrated bo...
Reference Library Oriental Carpets & Rugs
457 items published between 1891 and 2015
This beautiful and rich reference library on Oriental carpets and rugs consists of a total of 457 items of which 60% are monographs and 40% exhibition and auction catalogues. The books were published between 1891 and 2015 – the majority written in English and German, and a few in other European languages. - The library is now up for sale in its entirety. Besides many handbooks and monographs the collection contains important exhibition and auction catalogues. The majority of books are richly illustrated (full colour as wel...
Book Collection: Historical Photography of the Middle East
Three Series of Military Maps Middle East, North Africa & West Asia
A total of 158 rare and out of print military maps from US and Russian sources covering the Near and Middle East, dating from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s.
(1) ONC - OPERATIONAL NAVIGATION CHART NORTH AFRICA, WEST & CENTRAL ASIA 1:1,000,000 Covering: The Balkans, Black Sea, Caucasus, Central Asia, Maghreb, Mashreq, Arabian Peninsula, Pakistan, West Africa, Sudan, Somalia. ONC is the standard worldwide small-scale aeronautical chart series which contains cartographic data with an aeronautical overprint depicting obstructions, aerodromes, special use airspace, navigational aides, Maximum Elevation Figures (MEFs), and related data. Set of 39 Maps (2) TPC - TACTICAL PILOTAGE ...
History of the Tatars
Lot of 5 Books Published in Kazan during the 1920s Printed in Cyrillic & Arabic Script
The five books originate from the 1920s just before Soviet authorities introduced Latin script for the Tatar language. During the early years of the Soviet Union secular schools had started using Cyrillic script and Tatar religious schools continued to use Arabic script. All books are bound in red half-leather with their original covers inside....